Family Literacy Night Basics
Thanks to grant funds from Marathon Classic for supporting Family Nights.
- To provide information to parents about how they can help their children develop early literacy skills at home
- Introduce parents/care givers to literacy standards
- Provide/model games and activities to teach literacy concepts
- Have fun
Riverdale October 24, 2017
Jefferson November 1, 2017
Washington November 15, 2017
Van Buren December 6, 2017
Vanlue February 12, 2018
Cory Rawson March 14, 2018
Jacobs April 10, 2018
Whittier April 24, 2018
Volunteers you might be doing one or more of the following:
Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to the event. Sign-up Genius is available to reserve your spots. Click on the links below for our 2017-18 volunteer sign ups!
- Set up/Clean up
- Registration table
- Setting up tables and activities
- Do an activity with children
- Collecting prize tickets
- Collecting parent surveys
Activity Stops: Activities are based on literacy skills that children can practice at home with parents/care givers.